Wednesday 21 May 2014

BWA Wales and Ireland

I just returned from 2 weeks away to compete at the BWA events in Wales and Ireland. We had some fun conditions, but my results were pretty disappointing. Wales ended up being pretty classic Rhossy conditions. At its best, port tack, 4.2 and really fun jumping. Like always I came up against Ben Proffitt in the semi and, as always seems to be the case, lost out on a tight heat. I find myself a bit lost in Rhossy, not able to find the best waves for either riding or jumping. In the double I sailed better, landing a decent a double, but it wasn't enough to stop an on form Adam Lewis. So, like the previous 3 Wales events I entered, I finished in a disappointing 4th place.

Next was the overnight ferry and drive to Ireland for the next leg. Despite a bit of wind on the first day, we only got through the first round and then had to wait all week for wind on the final day. I thought I sailed well in the semi, but lost out which was devastating and then the wind dropped in the double, denying any sort of come back. I think I finished =5th which writes off any hope of winning the title. The highlight of the week though was a barrel at Gary Williams, a "best move of the contest" prize and a lot of Guinness.

Massive thanks to RRD and Bathlia for their support to do the comps. Hopefully results will improve for the upcoming PWA events. Pics below from Simon Crowther.

 Windy Rhossy
 Best move goita
Classic inch high contest air!

No comments: