Sunday 9 January 2011

A New Year

Its now 1 week into the New Year and its been pretty mixed. It all started so well with 3 days of perfect surf in the south of the island. The waves down there are smaller but are super long, so its really fun surfing. Nayra got a new Fanatic 7'4 mini mal board and was catching so many waves, so after 2 days solid I busted out my old long board and went cruising on that, which was great fun.

Unfortunately it all went very wrong on day 4 of the new year with both of us (and Nayra's whole family) catching one of the nastiest virus's I have had in ages. We both spent 1 night being very very sick and took 48 hours before we could move outside the house. I lost 3 kilos in 48 hours, so its one of the best weight loss programs out there! Since then the surf has been a bit average. We both head off to Cape Town in 5 days and I really cant wait to get sailing again. I always find that the time here in the winter is perfect to recharge the windsurf batteries, and now I am so fired up to go sailing again. I have a list of things I want to try and want to learn, so hopefully South Africa will provide the goods like normal.

No comments: