Sunday 21 March 2010

Karting


Last Christmas my sister gave Nayra and I some money to pay for a Go-kart session. It took a while to get around to it, but finally we did it and it was sooo much fun. Nayra organised it with 18 of our friends and we had the full race competition. 2 qualifying races, followed by the grand finale. There were 2 pretty outstanding drivers, David and Robi, but luckily they both got caught up in crashes in qualifying, so I took the pole position. Unfortunately however I couldn't hold onto the lead. After 5 or 6 laps of constant pressure from behind I did a spin and watched in dismay as my podium finish disappeared! Once I got back underway I ended up behind Nayra and had my best battle of the day for the remainder of the race. She was flying and I was obviously desperate to get past her. By total fluke I happened to make a passing move for her on the final curve and finished about a metre ahead. Neither of us knew it was the finish and I think if it had been either 10 metres further back, (or probably 10 metres further forward too), she would have beaten me, but thankfully it wasn't!! Anyway, it was a great day and I fully recommend it to anyone.


Check the pic, with me in the green t-shirt and Nayra in the purple.... Neck and neck the whole way around the track... So much fun!

No comments: