Sunday 15 July 2012

7th Tenerife

Tenerife started out about as bad as it gets. On the rocks right before my heat, then snapped a mast in the heat, losing straight away in the single. To say I was low would be an understatement. Thankfully the double went a lot better. After a sketchy start, I managed to get it together taking out 3 friends along the way. Swifty is normally bad news for me but this time (helped by his broken toe) I got the advantage. Next up it was Ben, who I had spent the whole event with in the commentary box. Next was Scotty who was on fire, but with a jump counting I had the advantage. Eventually I went down to Musso who was another level. He went onto to finish 2nd, so I cant be too down about losing. The final result.... 7th... Pretty stoked with that!!

2 comments:

Rod said...

Well done John! great watching the heats too.

Thanks for nice commentating with Ben.
Rod

Skyeboy said...

Thanks Rod. Turned out to be a lot of fun, both the sailing and the commentating with Ben. Glad you enjoyed it.