Sunday 17 October 2010

3rd place Tiree

The final day produced the goods to save the event, giving us some fun sized starboard tack wave riding conditions. Things started well for me with a good first heat, but when it mattered in the semi finals I didn't put together a good enough performance and lost out to a on fire Ben Proffitt and a ripping Bubble. Bit gutted that I didn't make the final, but that is how it goes. Ben went on to win, and with it pretty much takes the UK title. A well deserved win as he has been sailing so well this year both in the contests and outside too. Bubble shocked even himself with his performance in Tiree, but showed some great style in his riding and looks likely to be a tough competitor next year. In the losers final it was a very tight heat with James Cox, but in the end I took the final podium place. For me that is it for the UK contests this year. I had already made the decision to miss out on Cornwall in order to train for Cape Verde, and as the UK title is now out of reach it looks like it was a good decision, so I am off to Maui on Tuesday.... Cant wait!

No comments: