Friday 8 May 2009

Ireland

I am out in Ireland at the first UKWA event of the year. So far its
been pretty extreme. Yesterday was probably the most extreme sailing I
have ever had. 3.6 totally overpowered, cross offshore and over mast
high. Hard at the best of times, but when you are trying to compete in
it, it adds a whole new dimension. I was lying 2nd overall after the
single elimination so had to wait for Ben Profitt to come through to
battle for 2nd again. He had sailed 3 heats already and in those
conditions it was so hard that he was half dead by the time we went,
which made it a bit easier. I then went on to face Jamie. The first
heat we both had good ones and I just beat him, forcing the double
elimination rematch. In the second heat however things didn't go so
well and in the end I had to settle for 2nd place. Still pretty happy
though and really well done to Jamie. He has been sailing so well
recently, with his riding particularly being another level at the
moment. Today I think we will be having an expression session which
should be fun as its still howling windy.

No comments: