Sunday 3 August 2008

England

Just had a great week in England. Came back for a friends stag
weekend. We went down to New Quay for 3 days to celebrate his last bit
of freedom. Did clay pigeon shooting, had a surf lesson (??) and drunk
quite a lot. Really fun. I then spent a couple of days down on the
south coast with the guys at RRD. SeaspiteSports also do Ezzy sails
and Dave Ezzy was over to talk about his sails. They had a dealer day
and then a trip to West Wittering, so it was good to meet all the
shops and a lot of the local sailors. Thursday I managed to get back
up to my old lake for the legendary Thursday night racing. It was
where my windsurf competition career started so I love to go back. The
wind was really light so we had one design longboard racing. Its been
a while, but it all came flooding back and despite a good challenge
from Tim I managed to take the win. Unfortunately it meant I had to
make the coffee's, but thats the deal. The next day it blew a bit
harder and I was able to take out my new Twintip 100 for the first
time. What a nice board! and really easy. I am now looking forward to getting to know it better.

No comments: